Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Salute 2014 - WW1 Battle of the Marne


Plenty has been said on various blogs about the annual trip to the mecca of Wargaming Salute 2014.

Attached is a short montage of our WW1 offering, the Battle of the Marne using Kallistra's excellent terrain and recent new range of WW1 12mm Miniatures.
3000 Miniatures on the table - Now that is a BIG battle

As a German commander I was unable to hold back the French and British attack.... But we did keep the Allies at bay until at least 4.30 pm.

8 comments:

  1. Impressive looking table etc and I love the Youtuve 'run through' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my work Steve, I think Sally from Kallistra did the editing, great day out mind and the rules are likely to be free to download from Kallistra.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  2. It was a great looking game Stuart, I've got s few pics of it up on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great posting Ray, looks like you had a good day out.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  3. The game looked great and it was a lot of fun to actually throw some dice at salute for once.

    Nice montage too - very high tech!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Phil it did make a change, good to have a home bench to return to and regroup :-)

      Delete
  4. Fantastic! Having seen this I may be tempted by WW1 in this scale in the future(maybe!:)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Mark, I new knew you could'nt stick to just one period...
      Arrrgghhh the curse of gaming :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete